In today’s world, medical field falls into the category of the most thriving ones. It offers respectable posts, high salaries, desirable reputation and lifestyle. But, you must not think that this industry is solely pulled by the efforts of doctors and nurses. There are many other major branches of this field, such as phlebotomy.
A huge range of world population is unaware of what is a phlebotomist in spite of the fact that they go to him at least once in their life. Actually, people recognize them by their service and expertise and not by their professional name. You must have gone to a person in your life may be alone, with family, friends or kids to draw blood from you for analysis.
He draws your blood and deals and does documentation. For doing this kind of job, he enjoys the great status of being a phlebotomist and a part of this booming medical industry.
- To become a phlebotomist, phlebotomy certification is a must. After this, the professional life in this field can be started. The study time span is shorter as compared to that of other industry and the phlebotomy salary is appealing. To talk about employment opportunities in phlebotomy, they are various in numbers.
- A person who has go phlebotomy training and certification can join any big hospital if possible; there he can work with hundreds of other healthcare professionals.
- A phlebotomist can also work on some private clinic and can also start his own clinic. At this clinic, he solely decides about every matter like assistance workers, their salaries and his own income.
- There is another popular employment opportunity for joining the field of phlebotomy, which is going to blood banks. Blood banks need lots of phlebotomist who are expert and professional in their work.
- Another vista open to phlebotomists is to become mobile phlebotomists. They don’t work on stationary centers. They work by travelling from one place to another and accumulating blood samples to at last give them to laboratory. They are also called travel phlebotomists and their hourly income is very high.
- Laboratories also need professionals to draw blood and tackle other lab responsibilities.
Apart from all this, phlebotomists can work full time or part time after their heart.
The type of work to be handled is the same for both with changed schedule of working hours.